Healing Roots Community Garden at Croft Hall Medical Practice
Croft Hall Medical Practice is developing Healing Roots Community Garden.
This aims to provide social, spiritual and psychological routes to wellbeing for our local community, who have been identified as the most deprived in Torquay.
We aim to create a safe, accessible, tranquil multipurpose space and use the healing powers of nature to reduce isolation, depression, hopelessness and addiction, alongside educating the local community about the environment. We also aim to offer therapeutic relaxation and chat!
We aim to provide social events to ignite local interest in healthy living. A nearby care home's residents will be getting involved. The managed garden will support our patients growing and tending to organic vegetables.
We aim to provide:
- A Sensory garden with indigenous colourful fragrant plants and flowers
- A healing native herb garden
- A calming water feature and wind chimes
- Decking area for yoga, etc
- Vegetable plot
- Bee hive
- A haven for birds, bees, insects and butterflies
- Healthy cooking and gardening activities
If you are interested in being involved in this project, please feel free to make contact with us, either by email on firstname.lastname@example.org or contacting Croft Hall on 01803 298441.